Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving from iTunes account to iCloud for Family Sharing

Right now I have an iCloud account separate from my iTunes account.

iTunes account has all my app and music purchases, and also iTunes Match subscription.

With Apple Music I would like to be able to open a Family plan. does that mean I will have to switch to the iCloud account?

What happens to my app permissions, since they're tied to my iTunes account?

What happens to my synced iTunes Match subscription?

Thanks in advance.

Miguel

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 11:16 AM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2015 11:23 AM in response to Miguel O.

Hello Miguel,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you'd like to create a family Apple Music account, then you will need to start a Family Sharing group:

With a Family membership to Apple Music, families of up to six people can enjoy all of the benefits of Apple Music, each with their own library.

To participate in a Family membership, select Family when you choose your membership plan. Then, set up Family Sharing on your iOS device or Mac and invite members to join. You can also change to a Family Membership after you join.

About Apple Music - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

As far as your iTunes Match subscription, it will still be active and functioning with your Apple ID, but the songs you have with iTunes Match which were added from outside of the iTunes Store will not be shared with Family Sharing. You can learn more about what you can share using Family Sharing in the article below.

Which purchased content can I share using Family Sharing - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

Moving from iTunes account to iCloud for Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.