Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchases won't play

I recently changed my External Hard Drive location from E:\ to B:\ to be more conformed with all of my other drives, i.e. B: (External Hard Drive) C: (PC Hard Drive) D: (CD/DVD) etc... but after did this iTunes can no longer locate any of my audio or video files, I closed iTunes and completely deleted the entire iTunes Library and started from scratch taking each folder Movies, Music and Television Shows and dragging and dropping them into the iTunes where the names of each song, movie and TV series with the appropriate artwork shows up but for some reason iTunes can't access the files on the B: drive and yes I tried going back to the E: drive name but that didn't work either. What makes it worst is the fact there is a bug in Quicktime that prevents protected iTunes MP4 files from being played in Quicktime. I am however able to play my MP3 music in Windows Media Player

I would appreciate some assistance.

Rick.

Windows 7, null

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 1:30 PM

3 replies

Jun 29, 2015 1:41 PM in response to RickS

A: & B: are nominally floppy drives. It would have been ideal to have started with a backup so that you could be certain you could reverse any unwanted side effects. Had you not deleted your library but simply put things back exactly as they were there should not have been any problems. Hopefully you kept copies of the library files that you deleted. Either way, switch the drive letter back to E:\. If you manage to retrieve your old library files and still have issues then I can probably talk you through repairing the broken links. Otherwise see my user tip Make a split library portable. Create your new library at E:\iTunes, place your media inside E:\iTunes\iTunes Media, and add it to the library.

As for QuickTime, if you have a 64-bit system I believe this only integrates properly with the version of iTunes found here: iTunes for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards).

tt2

Jun 29, 2015 1:59 PM in response to turingtest2

@turningtest2, Thank you for your reply... yes fortunately I do have a backed up copy of the iTunes Library but unfortunately going back to E:\ didn't work. As far as the location of my files I've always had them in B:\iTunes\iTunes Media and/or E:\iTunes\iTunes Media.

The iTunes MP4 situation on Quicktime which is generating an Error 23132 "An Unknown Error Occurred" is a known bug and has nothing to do with my video card apparently Apple is aware of it but has chosen to take their sweet time to fix it with a patch or an update which is a bummer because that means right now I can't watch any of my iTunes Movies or TV show.

Rick

Jun 29, 2015 2:59 PM in response to RickS

I take it the protected content will still play in iTunes then. Scratch that, or you wouldn't be complaining. I'll have to check, but as far as I'm aware I don't have issues with protected content.

Nope, all good here. 😕

Have you tried the for older video cards version? It is a 64-bit installer for 32-bit core components, similar to all 64-bit versions of iTunes up to 12.1.

tt2

Purchases won't play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.