Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

end of tape

hello fellows....

going crazy... just changed from PC to MAC... thought my big project to capture and store all my tapes from the last 25 years would be as easy as a walk in the park with mac and FCPX... but it looks like its going to be a mess...

I'm not able to capture analog 8mm tape through a Canopus ADVC - 500 (via firewire) to the mac...

It will start and after a while it stops importing with the note: end of tape.. i tried different tapes... different camcorder... different settings on the ADVC 500..

the only thing i found at google is: set the non - controllable device on FCP and it should work... maybe at an older version.. but in FCPX 10.2.1 there is no way to set it up...

Somebody can help me ???

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 12:08 PM

1 reply

end of tape

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.