Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why won't siri try to learn and why is it inconsistent in recognizing names

I want to know how to train siri to learn to recognize what I am asking for.

I am often running into the situation where I ask siri to call someone in my contacts and it will repeat the name back to me perfectly, but say that it cannot find the name in my contacts.

Also, sometimes it will simply call a name that looks or sounds similar but is not the name in my contacts I asked for.

For example, if I ask for Corinne it will only give me Karen, even though Corinne is in my contacts. And there is no option I am aware of to ask siri to learn Corinne. (by the way it is pronounced differently to Karen)

Then for years I was able to say "Call Mom" and siri would call my mother's number. But then siri started to ask "What is your mother's name"?????

The last situation is where I ask for a name that is a bit different and siri says the name is not in my contacts, ... when it is. The crazy part is that siri repeats the name back to me just as I said it. And there was once, and only once, that siri actually asked me to spell the name I was saying. But then it still did not matter.

Help

iPhone 5s

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 12:55 PM

2 replies

why won't siri try to learn and why is it inconsistent in recognizing names

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.