Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extending my Linksys 1900AC Wifi using the Apple Extreme Base Station

I would like to extend the WiFi of my primary wireless router, a Linksys 1900AC, by using an older Apple Extreme Base Station. The Apple Extreme Base Station, a 5th Gen, is able to connect to the 2.4 GHz WiFi (according to the network map of my Linksys 1900AC). But the Apple Extreme Base Station is still flashing amber.

Any assistance you can provide is welcome. Thank you.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 2:53 PM

The AirPort Extreme cannot wirelessly extend the signal from the Linksys router. It can only do this if it connects to another Apple wireless router.

You will need to establish a permanent, wired Ethernet cable connection from one of the four LAN <--> ports on the Linksys router to the WAN "O" port on the AirPort Extreme

Then, setup the AirPort Extreme to create a wireless network that uses the same wireless network name and wireless network password as the Linksys router. The setup "wizard" will take care of most of the setup for you, including setting up the AirPort to operate in Bridge Mode.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2015 2:53 PM in response to MJMP1

The AirPort Extreme cannot wirelessly extend the signal from the Linksys router. It can only do this if it connects to another Apple wireless router.

You will need to establish a permanent, wired Ethernet cable connection from one of the four LAN <--> ports on the Linksys router to the WAN "O" port on the AirPort Extreme

Then, setup the AirPort Extreme to create a wireless network that uses the same wireless network name and wireless network password as the Linksys router. The setup "wizard" will take care of most of the setup for you, including setting up the AirPort to operate in Bridge Mode.

Extending my Linksys 1900AC Wifi using the Apple Extreme Base Station

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.