Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Não consego acessar a rede de convidado do meu Time Capsule

Olá, não estou conseguindo acessar a rede de convidado do meu TC.

Aparentemente, a configuração está correta.

Ativar Rede de Convidado: OK

Segurança de rede: WPA2 Pessoal

Senha: ****

Verificar senha: ****

Alguém, por gentileza pode me ajudar?

Obrigado!

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 12:44 PM

6 replies

Jun 30, 2015 8:18 AM in response to All_Schloss

Let me try to translate this (Portugese) for someone to answer. Maybe All_Schloss can read English. If not I'll try to translate back.

in English:

"Hello , I am unable to access the guest network from my TC .
Apparently , the configuration is correct .
Enable Guest Network: OK
Network security: WPA2 Personal
Password : ****
Verify Password : ****
Someone, please help me?
Thanks!"

Jun 30, 2015 12:57 PM in response to Mike's Pad

The apple airports can appear to provide guest network but the condition is the airport is in router mode.. ie dhcp and nat.

Or you have one airport in router mode and another airport extending the network.. in which case guest can also extend.

If your Time Capsule is bridged, even if the guest appear to work and you can set it up.. the reality is, NO.. it cannot work.

The technical reason for this is the guest network is on a secondary vlan to the main wireless. Unless the main airport is working as router there is nothing setup to work on this vlan. Some people have found a way around this problem by using business level switches or routers that have vlan configuration.

See guest network does not work when bridging airport express to extreme

Não consego acessar a rede de convidado do meu Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.