Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Freezing

I'm running 6.2.6 Safari on OSX 10.8.5. Now every now and again Safari freezes with the spinning ball and i can move it and it forces me to reload all my web pages.

Any help here?

Should I just upgrade to yosemite would that even help?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 4:58 PM

Yes. Upgrading can make all the difference since your running Safari 6.2.6. That's reallly outdated and probably why you are experiencing problems.

Your Mac should be able to upgrade to Yosemite > Apple - OS X Yosemite - How to Upgrade

Prior to upgrading make sure to backup all your important data to an external source. Data meaning photos, documents, etc.

Please do not startup the same topic in two different communities > Safari Freezing | Apple Support Communities

It makes it that much harder to assist you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2015 4:58 PM in response to Loki2012

Yes. Upgrading can make all the difference since your running Safari 6.2.6. That's reallly outdated and probably why you are experiencing problems.

Your Mac should be able to upgrade to Yosemite > Apple - OS X Yosemite - How to Upgrade

Prior to upgrading make sure to backup all your important data to an external source. Data meaning photos, documents, etc.

Please do not startup the same topic in two different communities > Safari Freezing | Apple Support Communities

It makes it that much harder to assist you.

Safari Freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.