Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4

I have been using my iPone 4 for a long time and no problem. Today went to update iHeart Radio app and now it says not compatible and Dragon Go as well. If I uninstall them will I lose them all together? Or am I better off not updating these and leave alone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are they going to make all app not compatible for iPhone 4? I love the phone and have iTunes version 12.1.2.27 and iOS 7.1.2 on phone. I want to keep this phone a little longer.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 1:56 PM

6 replies

Jul 1, 2015 12:53 PM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

Hey there franick01,

It sounds like your these two apps on your phone have updated and now give you a message saying they arent compatible with the iOS version you have. If you downloaded them from the App Store then deleting them will not remove them from your purchased history. You may be able to delete the apps and download the latest compatible version of the apps with this article:

Install the latest compatible version of an app on an earlier version of iOS or OS X

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

Jul 8, 2015 2:43 PM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

Oh I see, thanks for the clarification. No it shouldn't automatically update but to be double sure, you can disable automatic updates in your settings:

To set options for the App Store, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store.

• Turn off automatic downloads. Tap Apps in Automatic Downloads. Apps update automatically over Wi-Fi, unless you turn off the option.

App Store settings - iPhone

My iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.