Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the way my iphone names pictures?

I am constantly having my PC get confused when downloading pictures from my iPhone because pictures in my iPhone may have the same name more than one time. When I am trying to load them in my computer, the computer tries to trash one of the pictures because the name has already been loaded. This seems like a super simple fix to allow us to use the date and time, or a tag or our choosing when naming pictures. But there was an old response from Apple that says sorry we cant do this. How to change default iPhone photo names? Is there any App or new option that will help with this fault in the iPhone?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2018 10:01 AM

this is exactly right! I'm not concerned about the numbering, but being able to change the IMG_ prefix to something that designates the device the picture was taken with would be crazy helpful, and not at all difficult to implement.

3 replies

Jun 29, 2015 2:50 PM in response to sberman

I disagree with this not being an issue with the phone. The phone is rapidly become the camera for many of us. It should have standard camera features like being able to designate how to name photos. My biggest issue comes in when I travel with multiple Apple products, like my phone, my wife's phone, and both of our iPads. The separate devices each use the same naming conventions, so I have to figure out how to fix the names when bringing them into the computer and I have to do that for each picture as it is being imported. Perhaps this is easier on a Mac than a PC, but I have a PC.

How do I change the way my iphone names pictures?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.