Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot change timezone - iOS 8.1.2

Hi,

First of all, i already checked a lot of forums about a similar issue, but they all seem to refer to a calendar / gmt bug issue.

I don't need to open my calendar to witness this issue, so i'm pretty confident this is not the same one.

This is an iphone 4s running iOS 8.1.2 on Base (carrier in Belgium).

I bought it second hand and it's the first time I notice this issue.

The current settings are:

- Timezone is auto selected by the iPhone and says "Paris"

- Location services are enabled for Timezone selection

- Current time is the one from Paris, though i'm in the UK.

If is unselect the Date & Time > Set Automatically option, i can select a Timezone, but with the following results:

- If i select Paris, France as the location, the selected timezone is "Paris"

- If i select anything else (London, NY, Bangkok, ...), the selected timezone is "Europe/Paris"

- The displayed time is always the one from Paris;

I tried resetting the Privacy and location settings and the network settings to no avail.

So far, the only option i found to have the correct time displayed is to actually change the Time, not the timezone.

Anyone experienced this before ?

Thanks

jm

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 2:38 PM

2 replies

Jun 29, 2015 3:36 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for your answer.

I know for sure that before i upgraded my iPhone to 4S and the iOS to 8 (at the same time in Feb'15), if i would be in the US or the UK, my iPhone would detect it and would switch the timezone automatically.

I'm pretty confident that for a few months after that, it also worked as expected.

It's only during my last trip to the US 2 weeks ago that I noticed this.

I'm not sure if my carrier changed some settings that could explain this. But they can be a real pain with technical issues.

I'll keep looking

jm

Cannot change timezone - iOS 8.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.