Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iTunes Card for Children - Family Sharing

Hello -

I currently have family sharing with my wife and my 12 year old. When my 12 yo wanted to purchase a song, I received an alert to approve. So far so good....

After I approved the song purchase, it asked for the Organizer's credit card pass code. Q: why doesn't it use the iTunes credit that is pre-loaded on to my 12 year old's Apple ID?

Thanks.

tbs

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 2:01 PM

1 reply

Jun 29, 2015 5:33 PM in response to tbsalexandria

If your child has sufficient credit, it should charge the child's credit, not the Organizer's credit card:

After you set up your family, any time a family member initiates a new purchase it will be billed directly to your account unless that family member has gift or store credit. First, their store credit will be used to pay the partial or total bill. The remainder will bill to the family organizer's card.

We do however see a stream of complaints on this Forum that it does not always work as it should. If something is not working as it should, contact iTunes Customer Service.

Using iTunes Card for Children - Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.