Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app at the bottom of the iPad stopped working . Can it be fixed?

TThe app at the bottom of the iPad that says mail has stopped working. It says there are emails but when I click on it there is nothing . Just a blank page. Is there someway I can reset my app ?

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 2:07 PM

Double click the home button, to bring up the Recently used app list, find the Mail app there, and swipe up and off the screen to close it.

Click on the home button once to return to the normal desktop view.

Try opening the Mail App again.

If it does not work, try rebooting the iPad by holding down the home and sleep/power buttons for 10 to 15 seconds or until the Apple logo shows up. Let the iPad reboot, and try to open the Mail App again.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2015 2:07 PM in response to Kaye48

Double click the home button, to bring up the Recently used app list, find the Mail app there, and swipe up and off the screen to close it.

Click on the home button once to return to the normal desktop view.

Try opening the Mail App again.

If it does not work, try rebooting the iPad by holding down the home and sleep/power buttons for 10 to 15 seconds or until the Apple logo shows up. Let the iPad reboot, and try to open the Mail App again.

Jun 29, 2015 5:24 PM in response to Kaye48

I Have the same problem and the fixes do not work. I tried swiping the mail icon to close it and that didn't work then I tried turning off the IPad and that didn't work. Meanwhile, I get the ding and the numbers associated with the emails continue to increase telling me there are more emails coming in, but when I open Mail, it just brings up empty boxes.

I do notice though, that about ten seconds or so after I open the Mail page, it closes taking me back to the desktop.

Any other solutions?

Mail app at the bottom of the iPad stopped working . Can it be fixed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.