Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad locked and not responding to techniques advised

I have managed to lock myself out of my iPad ! Can't seem to remember my passcode even though it can only be one of the few I use... However I've resigned to trying erase it and restore it as it was recently backed up and so I won't be loosing anything. I've spent plenty time googling the issue and followed several different tactics but nothing is working ! I set my find my iPhone app to erase it but it won't connect to my home wifi and I can't get into it to sort that obviously ! So it won't erase! So I've then tried to use iTunes on my laptop to sort it but it wobt work unless find my iPhone is disbaled which I can only do from the app on the device apparenfly (not helpful!) I tried removing it from the app via my laptop but that hasn't helped and now I can't use that to help fix it 😟 finally I have tried rebooting it by holding the home button but I just get Siri telling me he isn't available due to no wifi ! I'm at a loss I don't know what to do... Planning on phoning apple tomorrow or going into the store but any advice in the meantime would be appreciated !

Thanks

Louise

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 4:58 PM

Have you tried recovery mode yet?

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies

ipad locked and not responding to techniques advised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.