Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fix for MasterFX Paid Effects Not Installing

This is not so much a question anymore but a fix (possibly) for the problem that I, and what seems to be many others, have had with the paid effects in the Dropico app MasterFX where they either disappear or are unable to install or reinstall them.

I had been struggling with this for almost 2 years now. I probably would've given up sooner but I like the app a lot and I paid good money for all the effects available. I had no success in contacting Dropico as it seemed their support page shut down, they did not answer any emails, and they abandoned their Facebook and Twitter accounts.

I was in the process of dealing with Apple Support when I accidentally came across a solution that fixed the problem for me. I had another friend try it as well and it worked for him on 2 different Ipads so I'm hoping it's the fix for everyone with problems.

In addition to MasterFX HD, I also had a Dropico app called WowFX installed on my Ipad. It's a very similar type of app and has a smaller amount of the exact same effects as MasterFX for sale within the app. I had never purchased any effects through WowFX so I wondered if maybe there was some conflict between the two apps.

I had uninstalled and reinstalled MasterFX many times before and it has never fixed the restore problem, so this time, I uninstalled both MasterFX and WowFX and then just reinstalled MasterFX. Viola! I was able to restore all my in-app purchases from scratch and everything is working the way it should now. I was quite happy.

As a footnote, I don't know if any other Dropico apps would play any role, and I don't know if everyone having this problem even have more than one Dropico app installed so it would be good to hear some feedback if there are other scenarios out there.

Another interesting tidbit is that Dropico has also just resurfaced preparing to release a new app that is supposed to be replacing all the other Dropico apps called Simple Photo Editor (it does look pretty good). They have a new YouTube channel up for this app. My friend, who fixed his app with this very solution, ended up talking to the developer in the comments section. The developer did not believe that there would be any conflict between the 2 apps but regardless, it worked for a couple people already.

The developer did also say that when they release Simple Photo Editor, it will include all the premium effects at no charge so I'm willing to give it a shot.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 2:21 PM

There are no replies.

Fix for MasterFX Paid Effects Not Installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.