Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I be able to download apps from different stores (countries)? I travel a lot to different countries and I'm not available to download apps from stores different from the US. For example, Starbukcs has a different app that works in Mexico than

How can I be able to download apps from different stores (countries)? I travel a lot to different countries and I'm not available to download apps from stores different from the US. For example, Starbucks has a different app that works in Mexico than the one in the US and I'm not able to download the Starbucks Mexico app in my iPhone. Could you please help me? Thanks.

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 2:41 PM

GO to settings

APple store

view Apple ID

change account from US TO Mexico

8 replies

Jun 29, 2015 3:38 PM in response to Cladiz

No. you cannot change the country that you account is associated with randomly. You need to be a leal resident of the country for the store that your use. You must provide a credit card issued by a bank in that country that has a verifiable billing address in that country.

You also set yourself up for confusing issues with your account because changing countries will erase the Purchases list all of your previous purchases.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite 10.10.3; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 1.0.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 8.3

Jun 29, 2015 4:18 PM in response to Cladiz

The fact that you cross international boundaries has nothing to do with the issue. The content that is sold in the iTunes and Mac App Stores; music, movies, TV shows, games and apps, all belong to the developers and artists. And Apple has to negotiate with those owners and can sell only what it has been licensed to sell by those owners in each country's store, to the legal residents of that country.

Jun 29, 2015 4:30 PM in response to Dah•veed

OK... I will not have Starbucks in Mexico or other country! 😮

By the way, I understand what you are saying but that may not apply to all cases. I understand that for apps that their content can't be seen or used in other countries it is OK but a lot of services in different countries in the world can only be used through apps and its absurd that people who travel are not able to access those services... anyways... guess this is not the forum to debate this but something that should be improved by Apple and other apps platforms.

Thanks!

Jun 30, 2015 5:30 AM in response to Cladiz

Developers have to comply with various regulations/laws/requirements in different countries.

Even if app A is available in country 1 and country 2 does not mean that the version from

country 1 provides the same services/allows the same actions as the version from country 2.

This is not a function of any OS or platform, but a result of differences between the requirements of

various nations.

Jun 30, 2015 7:47 AM in response to imobl

Right, Netflix is a good example of what you are saying. It will change its content according to the country you are, no where you are from. I understand everything you are stating, what I was just saying is that if you travel to some Country 2, you should be able to access the services provided in that country, when you come back to Country 1, that contet should be blocked. In my opinion, apps availability should depend on where you are no where you are from. But I understand what you are stating and the legal complications.

How can I be able to download apps from different stores (countries)? I travel a lot to different countries and I'm not available to download apps from stores different from the US. For example, Starbukcs has a different app that works in Mexico than

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.