Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5c displays wrong time

I have a 5c that we've had for over a year without any issues. However, it recently began to have issues displaying the correct time and occasionally drops the internet randomly, resulting in me streaming data without knowing about it. When the phone is set on "set automatically" for time, it finds the correct time zone, but displays a time that might be 10 minutes off, might be three hours off. I have tried manually entering time, but it got stuck on 9:19 PM and wouldn't display anything else. I have tried the soft reboot, restoring network settings, and rebooted it from my computer. Anyone had an issue like this before? Thoughts?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 5:03 PM

7 replies

Jun 29, 2015 5:57 PM in response to matt from alexander city

Your phone is freezing and not displaying the time. Not sure what you mean by "soft reboot" or "rebooted it from my computer" (not iPhone/iOS terms) but try these steps:

1. Reset phone (no data loss): press both the home and power buttons for at least 10 seconds, releasing when the Apple logo appears

2. Reset settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

3. Restore to factory settings, also restoring a backup

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

4. Restore to factory settings as a new device, without restoring a backup.

iphone 5c displays wrong time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.