Related Article: How to download apps and content that your family members purchased

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am setting up Family Share and want to use one icloud account to be organizer and another apple id for purchaser. my apple id for itunes is not an email address and it says it has to be one. how do i get around this?

I am trying to set up Family Share on my iMac. I have entered the iCloud account that I want to use as organizer and when I go to the next step to enter the iTunes Apple ID that I want to use for iTunes purchases it says that my Apple ID must be an email address. This apple id I use for all my devices and it is only letters, not an email address. How do I get around this?

iMac with Retina 5K display, iOS 8.3, Family Share

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 7:00 PM

There are no replies.

I am setting up Family Share and want to use one icloud account to be organizer and another apple id for purchaser. my apple id for itunes is not an email address and it says it has to be one. how do i get around this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.