Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Man in the middle attack!

Sentinal has confirmed I have a man in the middle attack. Last Thursday my mac ran up 21 gigs of data in 4 hours and we went over our allowance alerting us to the problem. I have run both Sentinal and ClamXav and neither has detected any worms. Tech support for Verizon is telling me I need to scrub my computer. Searching for answers I think they need to update the firmware on the wireless router. Anyone have any credible information?

My slot drive does not work, but I can back up from my external back up drives. I don't want to stop working for a day or more to do this unless it is absolutely necessary.

Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 4:15 PM

4 replies

Jun 29, 2015 4:41 PM in response to marcymcguire

Although there are a few known vulnerabilities in OS X 10.7.5 that could allow this, the router attack is more probable. It's almost certainly not malware on your Mac, but that cannot be ruled out. Even if your router is fine, you could still be attacked if you are not using WPA2 Personal security with a strong password for your Wi-Fi network. Anything less than that can easily be hacked allowing your neighbors access.

Man in the middle attack!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.