Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I download icloud photos to my Windows PC with the RIGHT file date?

I want the date the picture was taken to be the file date of the file.

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 3:17 PM

1 reply

Mar 31, 2016 10:12 PM in response to DonnaJones7

When I downloaded photos from iCloud Photos to my Windows 7 computer, the "date created" attribute of each photo downloaded is set to the date/time of the download. The correct date/time of when the photo was actually taken by the camera is stored in the attribute "date taken". You can view the "date taken" attribute in Windows explorer as follows:

1. Select the "details" view of files

2. Add the "date taken" column to the display of files by right clicking the top line of the folder contents display and then scrolling down the list of attributes until you see "date taken"

3. Select the "date taken" attribute for display.

4. Drag the "date taken" column header over so that you can see it better.

This same problem with looking for the wrong attribute ("date modified" instead of "date taken") has been around for a long time, I think.

Part of the problem is that Windows likes to display the column "date modified" whenever you select the "details" display.

You can select and position the column names as described above and then apply that setting to all folders of that type in Windows Explorer by selecting

tools/folder options/view/apply to folders/OK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.