Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GPS Issues

Can't stand the new iPhone 6 so far. I am on my second 6 as a result of the battery draining almost 3 times faster than normal. Two visits to the "Genius" bar, 2 full restores of the phone (which is at least 1-2 hours of my time for each to restore music, apps and arranging them again on my screen) and finally a new replacement under warranty because the phone was crashing constantly in the background which was draining the battery severely.

So, my second iPhone 6 is working great, especially the battery UNTIL I decide to use both apps that is use at least 1-2 times per week. Both apps use GPS to approximate my location both cycling and golfing. They worked great on all of my previous iPhones and even on the previous 6 that had the battery issues. Now, I can't get a GPS signal in these apps, or it takes 10-15 minutes, and then the signal quality is poor and fades in and out. So, back to the "Genius" bar twice and again restoring and resetting the phone as new and to no avail. I took my wife's iPhone 6, with the same carrier and settings, and used both apps and they get a signal immediately without issues. The "geniuses" tell me I can't get a replacement phone because it seems to be a software issue isolated to my phone. REALLY?? Then why when I reset it up as a new phone does it still not work. Seems like a hardware issue on my phone. I am so sick of this runaround and all of these issues. This new IOS is crap and apparently so is this phone. I think a non-apple is in my future if this doesn't get better.

We now live in a world where no one takes responsibility of their own actions, and I think APPLE is a great example of this. Suck it up and do right by your customers!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 6:29 PM

2 replies

GPS Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.