Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification that iphone unlocked but sim not valid and itunes not liking sim

I received notification today from T Mobile UK that the iPhone 4S I purchased has now been unlocked.

So I connected the phone, with the T Mobile sim present, to itunes and went through and restored the phone. Once this was done, I then removed the T Mobile Sim and entered my new sim. Turned on the phone and it told me the Sim was not valid. When I plugged it into the PC through iTunes, a message came up that my sim was not a valid sim.

I have tried enabling and disabling my firewall in case it was this.

I have spent hours trying different things, but it still won't accept the new sim, or activate the phone.

Any help appreciated

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 3:26 PM

1 reply

Jun 29, 2015 3:53 PM in response to mosy77

The phone is not unlocked. It can take several days after you get the notification, so try again later this week. If it IS unlocked you can either restore iPhone (NOT Restore Backup) with iTunes, and see the message "Congratulations, your phone is unlocked," or, if you have a different SIM just reset the phone Settings/General/Reset - Erase all content and settings, then insert the non-T-Mobile SIM.

Notification that iphone unlocked but sim not valid and itunes not liking sim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.