Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone lose wi-fi connection randomly?

This has been happening for 3-4 months now. I'm on Youtube or Tumblr, or whatever app that requires internet and then the wi-fi loses connection and I'm on 3-G for about 30 minuets before it turns back on. I know it's not my router or provider because it works with everything else. I have tried to reset the settings and nothing is working. Why is this happening?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 7:08 PM

3 replies

Jun 30, 2015 12:58 AM in response to Jirachi103

Try Reseting network settings & Change Network Name

It also might be a good idea to reset all network settings. It may sound extreme to some, but all that would happen is that all Network information would be cleared off your iPad. Please note that all saved Wi-Fi passwords will be lost!

Steps on how to reset the network settings on your iPad:

1) Go to Settings
2) Click on General Settings
3) Then go to Reset
4) Click on Reset Network Setting

More info: http://ipadhelp.com/ipad-help-tips-tricks/my-ipad-cant-connect-to-wifi-how-to-fi x-the-problem/

Jun 30, 2015 12:59 AM in response to Jirachi103

In case the steps suggested above don't help, it may be a god idea to backup your device and then restore it to factory settings using the instructions from this support article:Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

If you continue experiencing the same problem, visit your local Genius Bar.

Hope this helps!

Why does my iPhone lose wi-fi connection randomly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.