Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does somebody know how I can change the e-mail address from icloud account information?

Hi.

I created some years ago an icloud account with a yahoo e-mail account. After a year I gave that address to my brother to use it on his iPhone and I think he created a username@icloud.com address that is now connected to my icloud account. It is very frustrating because when I try and write an e-mail his recent e-mail entries are showing. I've tried every setting, removed the accounts from the phone, contacts are unchecked on icloud. Please help with any useful information.

Thanks.

User uploaded file

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 1:45 PM

Hello luciancj,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see where you would like to remove an email address from your iCloud account. This article will explain how you can manage the associated email addresses.

Manage your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Regards,
Jeff D.

6 replies

Jul 1, 2015 2:11 PM in response to jeffd55

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your reply on this. Unfortunately I have tried that also and what I found strange is that this @icloud address does not appear anywhere else, only in the page from the print screen attached to my first comment. Below you can see the content of my apple id page. I've found on some other threads some clues that lead me to think that this e-mail address cannot be changed since it is attached to the account but I find this very frustrating since you can even change the primary e-mail address. Another aspect, I can log-in to this My Apple ID page with both e-mail addresses, yahoo and icloud, using the same password.

Best regards,

Lucian

User uploaded file

Jul 2, 2015 1:12 PM in response to luciancj

When you create an Apple ID account, the first time you sign into iCloud it creates an @icloud.com email address for you. You can use this email address, or just ignore it. But the basic problem is that you are sharing an iCloud ID with your brother. You need to sign out of your iCloud account and create a different one, either for him or for you. Then you can link them using Family Sharing to share content, but you will each have your own email addresses.

Jul 3, 2015 12:12 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for the details. I understand what you are saying and yes, the quickest solution would be to create another apple id and link it to my e-mail address but the reason why I did not do this is because I did not want to use another icloud address just to overcome this inconvenience. I have that account for almost 4 years, and also don't want to waste my time with transfers from one account to another. In the meantime I convinced him to stop using that icloud,com e-mail address and I have deleted one by one the recently used addresses so for now I will leave it as it is if I don;t get any other solutions from the page Jeff posted earlier.

Regards,

Lucian

Does somebody know how I can change the e-mail address from icloud account information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.