Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life with Apple Watch

I have a iPhone 5s that under "normal" use the battery easily lasts the entire day. Usually with 25% capacity left. When I pair an Apple watch with moderate usage I find that my battery is drained down below 20% by noon and must be recharged by 1:00 PM. I have spent a lot of time with Apple Support resetting the watch, resetting the iPhone, re-pairing the two devices with no success. As soon as I un-pair the watch my battery life goes back to "normal"

I am assuming that this is a Apple watch problem, but the support folks will not acknowledge a problem.

I took my iPhone into the local Apple store and had the battery tested and it tests OK.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 5:07 PM

2 replies

Jun 29, 2015 6:35 PM in response to KlaatuBarada

KlaatuBarada wrote:

I have a iPhone 5s that under "normal" use the battery easily lasts the entire day. Usually with 25% capacity left. When I pair an Apple watch with moderate usage I find that my battery is drained down below 20% by noon and must be recharged by 1:00 PM.

It might be that you're using them paired in a 2.4GHz-busy areas. Frequent frequency hopping could drain the battery faster.

Battery life with Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.