Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off screen curtain when iWatch no more paired with iPhone?

How to turn off screen curtain when Apple Watch no more paired with iPhone 6? Cannot access General setting in Watch application to cancel voice as Apple watch not paired...

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2017 11:41 AM

I have tried pressing the crown button 3 times, and holding the side button for a pulse to try and turn voice over off still no luck. My screen is completely black and keeps asking for a passcode

10 replies

Jul 10, 2015 5:58 PM in response to barefootonline

It takes some work but here is what you need to do.

Whenever you touch something on the watch with Voice Over on it will tell you what you have selected. If you could see what it was doing you could see that it puts a box around what you have selected. To go into the app you need to double tap in the same spot to get into the app. What we are trying to do is to reset the watch to it's factory settings. Here's what you need to do.

1. Find Settings. You do this by tapping somewhere until you hear it say settings. Once it has said Settings Tap twice in the same spot. It will tell you what you see next which. It will say Settings again because it reads the "title" of what the page is.

2. Scroll up with the digital crown. I believe it make a ding sound when you have scrolled as far as you can go.

3. At the top of the screen it says General. Again when you tap it it will say General to tell you what you have selected. Tap in the same area again.

4. Again scroll up with the digital crown. Toward the bottom of the Watch screen tap. It should say "Reset"

5. That will take you to the next level. Toward the top of the screen (pretty much in line with the digital crown) it says Erase all content. Click there

6. Now you need to hit "continue" It will be in line with the side button.

If you do all of this corrrectly you will know because the watch will be unresponsive for a bitm then you will see it reboot.

This takes some work and some patience but I just helped a friend do this and it worked.

Now if you have a friend that has an Apple watch and you can have it right there next to you it will be much easier to see where you need to tap.

Good luck!

Jul 27, 2015 12:25 PM in response to Brianmage

This is next to impossible! I just started using the watch and decided to tweak settings, when I came across this screen curtain. Not knowing what it was, I tapped it to see. BIG mistake, I've been unable to use it because the screen is entirely black, but gives the voice over command for calendar and time over and over! There has to be an easier solution Apple!

Jan 7, 2016 12:42 AM in response to barefootonline

To turn off Screen Curtain when Apple Watch is no longer paired to your iPhone:

- Raise your wrist, press and hold the side button until you feel a haptic pulse, then release the button.

- Say "Turn VoiceOver off".

- Keep your wrist raised until you feel a haptic pulse to confirm that your instruction has been accepted.

- Siri will then turn off VoiceOver, which also turns off Screen Curtain.

Depending upon how the Accessibility Shortcut has been configured, it may also be possible to turn off VoiceOver by quickly pressing the Digital Crown three times in succession.

How to turn off screen curtain when iWatch no more paired with iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.