Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does successful registration of apple device mean its mine and no one else can own it until i remove it from my profile ?

1-after regeneration is it possible to claim stolen device ?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3, white color

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 6:19 PM

5 replies

Jul 2, 2015 3:13 PM in response to usamaryk

As I implied in your other post where you asked about checking a receipt, if the device had Find My iPad turned on, then a subsequent user will not be able to use it regardless of whether it is registered or not.

I told you to check whether the device is Activation Locked (and how to do it) in your other post.

Jul 2, 2015 5:17 PM in response to sberman

okay listen Mr sberman ..
i bought this device and turn on find my icloud with my apple id .. it was active until i put it upgraded it .
at 1st it got crashed and msg on screen to restore it .
i restored it and then KAA BOOM , magically it got locked with new Apple ID with icloud activation screen .
you will might not trust me but im reaching apple customer center because my story can be well reflected in their system ( timing of upgrade and icloud lock thing )

Jul 2, 2015 5:55 PM in response to usamaryk

OK the story was very unclear from your original post in this thread.

This is a little difficult for us, fellow users and not Apple employees, to handle with authority.

If you have proof of legitimate purchase/ownership, take that and the device to an Apple Store Genius Bar and work with them to get it straightened out. You cannot do this yourself as the activation lock has been activated. And we as fellow users canot do anything more to fix the situation, only Apple can do that.

does successful registration of apple device mean its mine and no one else can own it until i remove it from my profile ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.