Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've tried to manually lock the device while airplay mirroring -- Interrupted airplay Tried using automatic lock by _ minutes -- It won't execute while airplay mirroring Is there any way to set iDevices to go in black screen while airplay mirror

I've tried to manually lock the device while airplay mirroring -- Interrupted airplay

Tried using automatic lock by _ minutes -- It won't execute while airplay mirroring

Is there any way to set iDevices to go in black screen while airplay mirroring? So it can save some battery and avoid burning hot after airplay a little while.

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 5:37 PM

2 replies

Jun 29, 2015 6:35 PM in response to Link KK

Here's the instructions if you want to give it a try.

Go to settings> general> accessibility> accessibility shortcut> Voiceover. This allows you to turn Voiceover on/off by triple tapping the home button.

After you check VoiceOver(see screenshot) triple click the home buttom to turn Voiceover on. Then triple tap the screen in accessibility shortcut where I placed the x. The screen should turn off. Now you can turn control screen curtain on/off by triple tapping the home button.

If all works to plan start your mirrowing then triple tap the home button three time to turn on screen curtain

User uploaded file

I've tried to manually lock the device while airplay mirroring -- Interrupted airplay Tried using automatic lock by _ minutes -- It won't execute while airplay mirroring Is there any way to set iDevices to go in black screen while airplay mirror

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.