Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What applications does Time Machine back up?

I do regular Time Machine backups. I use the Mac app NOTES. It does not appear to back them up, since if I am using it and "Enter Time Machine" it shows multiple versions of Desktop. What does it actually back up?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 4:34 PM

3 replies

Jul 2, 2015 12:31 PM in response to Linc Davis

I attempted a complete restore from my Time Machine. I seem to have restored everything but my Applications folder and the Apple and third party applications that were in it.

Working with Apple support today we couldn't find the applications folder on my time capsule so they had me restore the OS and that got me my Apple applications in an Applications folder but still no 3rd party apps (like Slingbox, CrashPlan, VLC, etc) Apple support agrees my Time Machine is set to back up everything except Bootcamp. Any ideas why I can't find either a backed up applications folder or the third party apps??

Thanks for any advice...

What applications does Time Machine back up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.