Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BSOD on USB boot

I have followed the directions and everything goes fine until the system tries to reboot with the boot-able usb drive the boot-camp assistant made.

MacBook Pro, Windows 8

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 7:54 PM

8 replies

Jun 30, 2015 10:43 AM in response to Loner T

I bought the Windows 8 Pro disk from Best Buy, and I used the Disk Utility on the Mac Book Pro to make the ISO, and Boot camp assistant put that ISO on the USB drive. Like it says to do in these directions: Create an ISO image for Boot Camp from a Windows installation DVD - Apple Support

Is there another way that I can check the integrity of the ISO?

Jun 30, 2015 4:55 PM in response to Sunworshiper77

FINALLY!

I made a new ISO file using the Disk Utility. Basically I did all the steps all over again and it finally worked!

I came across another problem though... When it got to the 'Personalize' (the part where you choose your screen colors and choose a name for the PC) the keyboard and trackpad did not work. I searched through the internet and saw somewhere that I should reboot the Windows partition in 'Safemode' by holding down F8 when it boots.

I pressed the power key to turn off the MBP, then I pressed it after twenty or so seconds while holding down the ALT key. Choose the Windows partition and quickly, very quickly held down the F8 key and it booted back into the 'Personalize' screen. But, this time they keyboard and trackpad WORKED!

Thanks Loner T for the help, I appreciate your replies.

BSOD on USB boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.