Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Imac 2011 27" I7 not starting

Hey Guys,

I got an 2011 27" I7 Imac which was never having any issues until recently.

The screen started going funny sort of like splitting the Video in half I shut down the system

and after that I tried to restart with only having the Apple Logo coming up with progress bar only loading 30% and then screen goes white and restarts. With the

same progress bar only this time it does not restart and is just stucked on a white screen.

I have successfully formatted the hard drive and was able to run the Imac again for a day then it repeated again.
Now I cannot even go into recovery mode I have done a verify disk before formatting without any errors.

I get error 107 in one of the lines when I hold CMD+V

Now I cannot go into recovery mode or internet recovery.

I got Yosemite Installed with latest updates.

Any Ideas on what it could be?

Thnx Guys

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 7:25 PM

5 replies

Jun 29, 2015 8:07 PM in response to afrombankstown

See if you can boot in Safe Mode and run Disk Utility from there.

Top left corner of your screen click the Apple  > Shut Down.

After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds, then press the power button.

Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold down the Shift key. You should press the Shift key as soon as possible after you hear the startup tone, but not before.

Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple logo and progress indicator.

When you see the desktop, go to /Applications/Utilities then launch Disk Utility. Select the disk on the left then select the First Aid tab. Then click: Verify Disk

(You can't repair the disk from there but at least Disk Utility might provide a clue as to what the problem is.

When you are done, go back to the Apple  menu. From the drop down menu click: Restart

My Imac 2011 27" I7 not starting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.