Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I opened an app on my iPhone 4S and it continuously glitches on the screen to where I can't get out of the app. When I turn it off, it goes black but when I turn it back on, it goes back to the app screen and not the lockscreen. Any ideas?

I Opened an app on my iphone 4s and it gliched on the app to the point where I can't exit off of it and I can't touch anything. The screen is moving in a way that its continuos and has that glitchy look. When I turn it off at the top power button, it goes black just like it should when you normally turn it off, but when I turn it back on, whether it's the home button or the power button, it turns back on to the glitchy screen and not the lock screen. It's been going on for almost an hou, and I have no idea how to fix it or why it occurred. Please help?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 7:59 PM

5 replies

Jun 29, 2015 8:06 PM in response to Abbiejsin

Have you tried double-clicking the Home key to see if you can close the app? If you cannot do that, then you need to do as roaminggnome has indicated:

Reset: Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). If the reset is successful, the Slide to Unlock screen will display. Once you get it back open, delete the app by pressing down on the icon until they all start to wiggle, and then click on the "x" in the upper left-hand corner of the offending app

Restore: Follow the instructions in this link to restore to Factory settings and then set up as new or restore from a backup:

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If you restore from a backup, use a backup that was done prior to downloading the offending app. Best never to download anything that is not from the iTunes or App Store.

Best of luck,

GB

I opened an app on my iPhone 4S and it continuously glitches on the screen to where I can't get out of the app. When I turn it off, it goes black but when I turn it back on, it goes back to the app screen and not the lockscreen. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.