Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive Doesn't Sync / Not Reliable

In many cases, iCloud Drive just doesn't sync. iCloud drive doesn't know how to sync relative big files, e.g. > 30 MB. And iCloud drive has no idea how to solve conflicts. Thus, iCloud Drive is useless for me, although I pay for it every month. I have to use Dropbox for reliable syncing across my MacBook Pro and iMac. Is there anybody else having the similar issue with me?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.1), null

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 9:27 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2017 9:49 AM in response to silencesound

Recently, I got 200GB space, but it was disappointing to find that product is way of the quality expected, way under other services. While syncing, some folders with documents I was working with, went to trash. Luckily for me, I noticed it before I emptied the trash, so I could recovered them. Another, I could never get to sync with windows 7.

I contacted the official support so I can safely deactivate the subscription without losing data, when deactivated, my 50GB documents nicely arranged with folders and subfolders, went to a sole folder with no sub folders, just documents, terrible! I have to activate the subscription again and breathe after I see that apparently all my documents are again there correctly arranged.

Botton line, at least for me Apple as a brand is not as before, I used to be fan of it and acquire its products with the confidence that it will be a great high-quality product, but it seems they are just releasing new products in a rush to keep the peace with the market.

iCloud Drive Doesn't Sync / Not Reliable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.