Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upload a .WAV voicemail greeting for my iPhone 6?

My husband bought me a custom voicemail greeting by one of my favorite bands for my birthday. It's a .WAV file. Is there a way to import the file to be my voicail greeting? Or do I need to go the low-tech way and hold my phone up to the speaker?

iPhone 6

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2016 10:32 AM

I wanted to do this as well. I searched, and the only answers I could find involve a lot of complicated steps, jailbreaking your phone which could void your Applecare warranty or leave it vulnerable to hacking. http://appadvice.com/appnn/2009/12/how-to-import-a-custom-voicemail-greeting-to- your-iphone I can't believe Apple hasn't added this feature. You can make custom ring tones in garage band. Why won't it allow you to make custom outgoing messages? WHERE IS THE GHOST OF STEVE JOBS WHEN YOU NEED HIM?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2016 10:32 AM in response to jpmsem

I wanted to do this as well. I searched, and the only answers I could find involve a lot of complicated steps, jailbreaking your phone which could void your Applecare warranty or leave it vulnerable to hacking. http://appadvice.com/appnn/2009/12/how-to-import-a-custom-voicemail-greeting-to- your-iphone I can't believe Apple hasn't added this feature. You can make custom ring tones in garage band. Why won't it allow you to make custom outgoing messages? WHERE IS THE GHOST OF STEVE JOBS WHEN YOU NEED HIM?

Jul 1, 2015 2:18 PM in response to jpmsem

Hi jpmsem,

What a great birthday present! You should be able to create a ringtone from this .wav file using GarageBand.

Share songs as ringtones - GarageBand Help
https://help.apple.com/garageband/mac/10.1/#/gbndbe1dcea8

Share songs as ringtones

You can turn a GarageBand project into a ringtone and share it to iTunes, where you can sync it with your iPhone. You can start with an existing project, or create a new ringtone project. A ringtone can be up to 40 seconds long.

Create a new ringtone project

1. Choose File > New.

2. In the Project Chooser, select the Ringtone template.

3. Click Choose.

The ringtone project opens. Notice that the cycle area is turned on.

4. Import an audio file into the project from the Finder or from the Media Browser.

1. When the project sounds the way you like, set the cycle area to cover the part of the project you want to use for the ringtone.

2. Choose Share > Ringtone to iTunes.

If the exported ringtone exceeds the maximum length (40 seconds), a dialog appears.

• Click Adjust to have GarageBand shorten the ringtone automatically.

• Click Cancel to return to the song so you can shorten it. Set the cycle area to cover the part of the song you want to use for the ringtone.

When you share a ringtone to iTunes, it appears in the Tones list in your iTunes library, ready to sync to your iPhone.

Enjoy!

- Judy

Can I upload a .WAV voicemail greeting for my iPhone 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.