Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What will happen if I make a new apple id?

Several years ago me and my mother shared the same iPad, so we had the same iCloud account and Apple ID. Now we both have our own iPads and I have an iPhone. All my photos end up in her iPad and my calls and messages also my calls and texts go get her iPad. If I make a new Apple ID on my iPad iPhone and Mac, will it affect my pictures, apps, movies, contacts and everything else?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 6:43 PM

Everything is tied to the AppleID...creating a new one means you must repurchase/download apps, books, music, etc under the new ID. Content cannot be transferred between IDs.

4 replies

Jun 29, 2015 8:17 PM in response to Matthewlopez

Yes. Contacts, Calendars, Notes, Photo Stream, etc. are all sync'd to a the Apple/iCloud ID that they are signed on with.

You definitely want to create a new Apple/iCloud ID. Photos can be shared via Shared Photo Streams. Contacts can be left on the device and merged into a new iCloud ID. Purchases can be shared via Family Sharing if one person wants to be the primary source for the payment method.

Cheers,

GB

What will happen if I make a new apple id?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.