Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to restore iphone 5s without itunes?

My iphone 5s keeps getting a blue screen and keeps looping on and off. It will restart and go blue, then after a minute it will reset again and go blue and just keep doing this. Sometimes the blue screen will turn to vertical stripes and they'll fade and the iphone will just be off again. Recently, my iphone won't even turn on though, or the apple sign will appear on screen and it will hang there for a couple minutes and then just go black again.

I tried plugging it into my computer and itunes will come up and let me attempt a recovery mode, however, every time the download for software fails and I can't do it. Occassionally, my iphone will successfully turn on and when it does, I try to perform a reset with itunes but itunes won't detect my iphone at all!

Is there any other way I can try to reset my iphone?

Thanks

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 9:35 PM

2 replies

Jul 15, 2015 7:52 PM in response to jmido8

Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup

When you start to restore your iPhone, please make sure you have backup files on iCloud.

Step 1: Log in iCloud account on FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery

Ok, now install and launch the program first, then you will see three options on the program. Choose the third on “Recover from iCloud Backup File”. Then you will be asked to enter your iCloud account with your Apple ID and password.

Step 2: Download the backup file on computer

After you have signed in iCloud, you will see more than one backups there maybe. But you only have to choose the one you want to restore then click “Download” to get it saved on PC.

Step 3: Preview and recover the backups on computer after scanning

When the backup file is downloaded, the system will start to scan the data. When it stop to scan, all data will be appear on iCloud so you can preview the data carefully. When you are previewing, you can mark down some of the data or all of the data in order to recover them later. If you have made sure you’ve got all you want, then click “Recover” to restore iPhone data from iCloud.

how to restore iphone 5s without itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.