Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I connect my Airport express to an ethernet port and use it as a wifi hotspot?

I am thinking of getting an Airport Express and use it for vacations. I was wondering if I connect it to an ethernet port could I use it as a hotspot for my phone and computers.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 10:05 PM

1 reply

Jun 30, 2015 5:24 AM in response to jhein213

You can use an AirPort Express to create your own private network in your hotel room......IF......the room has a working Ethernet port......which is becoming hard to find in hotels, since most of them have gone to wireless.

You can still usually create your own wireless network in your room if the hotel is only providing wireless, but it will take two AirPort Express devices to do it. The first Express "joins" the hotel wireless and provides an Ethernet connection to the second Express, which creates your own private network in the room.

Can I connect my Airport express to an ethernet port and use it as a wifi hotspot?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.