Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my iPhone 5s charge when it is plugged into my macbook air?

Whenever I plug my iPhone 5s into my macbook it won't charge. It just says that "USB devices disabled - Unplug the device using too much power to re-enable USB devices" My laptop has 99% and doesn't have any windows open or anything else plugged in. THIS IS SO ANNOYING PLEASE HELP.

😠

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 11:12 PM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2015 2:49 PM in response to elizapoulter

Howdy elizapoulter,

I know how frustrating it can be when your devices don't behave the way that they ought to. The article linked below details a number of troubleshooting steps can help prevent this error from appearing and get your iPhone to charge correctly when connected to your MacBook.

Resolve USB-related alerts in iTunes
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203843

All my best,

Allen

Why won't my iPhone 5s charge when it is plugged into my macbook air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.