Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Restore/Reset not working

My Ipad2 is showing the itunes logo with the usb cable on the screen when I start it. I've already reinstalled itunes, and used multiple usb cords and usb ports from my computer.

I have tried restoring the ipad by holding the home button, plugging in the USB cable to the ipad, and releasing the home button when the itunes logo turned up again. Nothing happened on my computer.

I tried shutting it down again by pressing on the start and home buttons at the same time.

I called apple support, and they told me to restart my computer, reinstall itunes, which I'd already done. Then they told me to request an appointment online with the genius bar, but when I go to do that, they ask me what I'm having problems with and end up sending me an email that I need to open on my device. Ok, Geniuses, how am I supposed to open my email on my Ipad when the problem I selected in the first place is tat my ipad won't start??

Sorry, I'm done with the rant.

Please let me know if anyone has had this problem where even the resets they tell you to perform don't work??

Thanks in advance.

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 6:54 PM

6 replies

Jun 29, 2015 10:53 PM in response to writergirl85

Why do you need to open the email on your iPad ? You should be able to log into your email account on your computer (if it's going to an iCloud email account then you can access the account via http://www.icloud.com).

If your computer isn't recognising the iPad (you have iTunes open on your computer, and the iPad isn't showing as a device in it ?) :

PC : iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Mac : If you don't see your connected device in iTunes for Mac - Apple Support

Or have you got a second computer, or does a friend have a computer, that you can try ?

Jun 30, 2015 5:49 AM in response to King_Penguin

Hi!

The reason I mention I have to open the support email on my ipad is because they want me to run a diagnostics test on my iOS Device... the email states "Open this email on your iOS device. Tap the button below and then choose Quick Test.", so no luck there!

Also I have been to the support section for when the iPad isn't recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support, and have completed all the steps I can (again with the exception of Make sure your iOS trusts your computer, seeing as I can't turn it on. But that shouldn't be an issue as I have previously used this device with this computer in the past...)

Thanks for answering, please let me know if you have any other ideas!

Update : My IPad is back to showing me the iTunes Icon with the USB cord, but again no reset steps are currently helping...

thank you!

Jul 3, 2015 4:26 AM in response to writergirl85

Yesterday I had the same experience: my iPad3 is frozen in the connecting to iTunes screen. I tried a lot of solutions (shut down antivirus program, update my hosts file, uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled iTunes, updated Win7 X64) but without any success (error code 3014). Today I tried it on a Win8 X64 computer, completely updated with iTunes fresh installed:, but without any result (error code -39, which is unknown by Appple). Even trying to restore the iPad in iTunes did not work.Has someone an idea how to get the iPad back to function?

Ipad Restore/Reset not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.