Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.3 change in searching via Safari

I Just downloaded iOS 8.3 on my iPad 2. Now, when I search via Safari, my history and bookmarks show up as I type in just a few letters. I do not want this feature as it infringes on my privacy when I share my iPad with others, including students of mine. I have always cleared my history constantly. The odd thing is that my husband did the same thing with his ipad2 and his does not reveal the history and bookmarks when he searches. How do I change this? It is so...intrusive.

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 7:10 PM

6 replies

Jun 30, 2015 6:30 AM in response to THXBOB

Thank you for your suggestions but neither of those actions solved the problem. I still get the same information. For example, if I begin typing "bel" then not only do some Google options begin to show up, but there is another heading titled "History and Bookmarks" directly under it with bookmarks I have that begin with those letters. I just really feel that bookmarks should remain hidden unless I want to pull them out. I don't like the extra clutter and I do allow others to use my iPad on occasion.

IOS 8.3 change in searching via Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.