Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook pro shut down unexpectedly and now turns on but wont charge and makes a loud noise

I have a 2011 macbook pro and whilst using it today (it was plugged in to the power source) it shut itself down. I restarted the computer but it had reset the date and time to 1 january 2002 and i had to redo a few of the preferences i had set in the system. My charger now wont connect (it connected prior to the shut down) and i have used another charger but it only connects faintly (there is a very faint green light) and the battery is not charging. It tells me it has no battery charge at all (it has a battery icon with an x through it up the top) but will function with or without the charger plugged in. It is also making a loud whurring noise even though i only have 1 program running (i have checked my activity monitor and it shows only 1 program is running). I have my mac since feb 2012 and have had no issues so not sure what to do with it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Emily

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 10:07 PM

1 reply

My macbook pro shut down unexpectedly and now turns on but wont charge and makes a loud noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.