Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does a podcast get unsubcribed without my asking

I listen to several podcasts, but a couple of them keep getting automatically unsubscribed. Usually, it remains on my iPod, but says "Unsubscribed" so I can resubscribe. Today however, one of them completely disappeared off my iPod and I had to find it, subscribe and figure out what episodes I'd had in my on-the-go list. Why is this happening? And how do I fix it?

Alice in Illinois

P.S. I'm on iOS 8.3. I don't know why the automatic product info doesn't know that.

iPod touch, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 7:41 PM

2 replies

Jun 30, 2015 1:42 AM in response to janeway1980

Seems to be a glitch. Yo can try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Jul 3, 2015 4:23 PM in response to lllaass

I often have to reset the iPod Touch -- more often than I did my old one. That doesn't make any difference with this problem.

I've reset the settings early on for another problem. It lost a lot of settings that I wanted to keep, so I'm reluctant to do that. I didn't enjoy putting all the settings back the way I wanted them.

I am beginning to think that it is something wacky about the server for this particular podcast, StarTalk. I get glitches with a couple of other podcasts, but almost always with this podcast, so I think it's them not me. I will try contacting the podcast people.

Thanks for the advice.

Why does a podcast get unsubcribed without my asking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.