Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an existing Uverse network and want to wirelessly extend that network using Airport Time Capsule. Can and how do I do that?

The Apple Store salesman said I need to use Bridge Mode. That does not seem to work. The Airport Time Capsule disappears after a short period of trying to setup requiring me to re-boot it and try again. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 9:37 PM

The physical setup would require a permanent, fixed Ethernet cable connection from one of the four LAN <--> ports on the Uverse router to the WAN "O" port on the AirPort Time Capsule.

Why? The AirPort Time Capsule cannot wirelessly extend the Uverse network. It can only wirelessly extend a network that is being provided by another Apple router.....an AirPort Express, Airport Extreme, or another AirPort Time Capsule.

How you set up the Time Capsule will depend on what operating system that you are using on your Mac. Is that still OS X (10.5.4) as you indicate in your post? If not, what operating system are you currently using?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2015 9:37 PM in response to Roger J

The physical setup would require a permanent, fixed Ethernet cable connection from one of the four LAN <--> ports on the Uverse router to the WAN "O" port on the AirPort Time Capsule.

Why? The AirPort Time Capsule cannot wirelessly extend the Uverse network. It can only wirelessly extend a network that is being provided by another Apple router.....an AirPort Express, Airport Extreme, or another AirPort Time Capsule.

How you set up the Time Capsule will depend on what operating system that you are using on your Mac. Is that still OS X (10.5.4) as you indicate in your post? If not, what operating system are you currently using?

I have an existing Uverse network and want to wirelessly extend that network using Airport Time Capsule. Can and how do I do that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.