Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to download and install Iphoto 08

I photo 08 got uninstalled fixing a problem with apple . upgrade to Mac 0s x 10.6.8

I have

Model Name:iMac
Model Identifier:iMac8,1
Processor Name:Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed:2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors:1
Total Number Of Cores:2
L2 Cache:6 MB
Memory:1 GB
Bus Speed:1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version:IM81.00C1.B00

I cannot play any videos that were previously install on my mac. Apple told me I had to reimstall Iphoto 08.

No very good using a computor so dont know if I can download them onto a disk.

When I try and play them it says the link if broken.

Please help

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 11:59 PM

Apple told me I had to reimstall Iphoto 08.

You cannot download full installers for iPhoto, only updaters for existing installations.

How did you originally install iPhoto? Either use the iLife installer DVD, if you bought iPhoto as part of iLife '09, or use the system install DVD, if iPhoto came preinstalled on your Mac.

if you do no longer have the installation media, you can buy an iLife '11 installer from amazon with iPhoto '11. That version will run on MacOS X 10.6.8.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2015 11:59 PM in response to Maggie4kids

Apple told me I had to reimstall Iphoto 08.

You cannot download full installers for iPhoto, only updaters for existing installations.

How did you originally install iPhoto? Either use the iLife installer DVD, if you bought iPhoto as part of iLife '09, or use the system install DVD, if iPhoto came preinstalled on your Mac.

if you do no longer have the installation media, you can buy an iLife '11 installer from amazon with iPhoto '11. That version will run on MacOS X 10.6.8.

Need to download and install Iphoto 08

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.