Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5, Music: Albums fragmented

My iPhone 5 no longer displays Artists or Albums properly in Music - instead, many albums have fragmented into multiple listings, often containing only 1 song.

So, for example, if I have an album with 8 songs on it, instead of one listing when sorting by Album or Artist in Music, it can now have as many as 8 separate listings, each listing containing a separate song.

I have a lot of music - my 64GB isn't enough to store all my music so I use the iTunes Match service. And this problem has made it impossible to properly find and sort through for artists or albums.

I tried powering the phone on/off, and switching iTunes Match off on both the phone and iTunes - but it's all still jumbled up.

The only recent change to the phone was an update to carrier settings - I can't imagine that directly interfering with the music app?

Any pointers on how to fix this are much appreciated!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 12:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 12:45 AM

Just to add - this doesn't apply to all albums. And the Albums sorting is no longer properly alphabetised, as if the iPhone is confusing album titles and artist names.

1 reply

iPhone 5, Music: Albums fragmented

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.