Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop iCloud Photo Library from loading? I don't want to lose my photos on the ipad

How do I stop iCloud Photo Library from loading? I don't want to lose my photos on the ipad

iPad Air

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 10:07 PM

2 replies

Jun 29, 2015 10:22 PM in response to wendyjake1

wendyjake1 wrote:

How do I stop iCloud Photo Library from loading?

The answer to this part of your question is:

Settings > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photo Library = "Off"

I don't know how that affects the second part of your question as you haven't explained how these photos relate to iCloud Photo Library. For example, if all the photos you "don't want to lose on your iPad" are in iCloud Photo Library, then turning off iCloud Photo Library will (naturally) remove them from your iPad.

Jun 30, 2015 8:46 AM in response to sberman

I Meant that I want to be able to access and work with the photos on my iPad, even if it's not connected to a wireless network. I did try to slide the button in settings to off, but it basically froze, and wouldn't allow me to stop,the download/ upload process. It looks like now I'm going to have duplicates everywhere and also need to access the cloud itf I want to see, organize or edit the photos.

all I wanted to do was turn the green (use iCloud photos) bottom off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.