Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any problem going from iOS 8.1.2 to 8.3 on iPad Air 2?

I have an iPad air 2 and I want to know is there any problem updating iOS 8.1 iOS 8.3?

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 11:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2015 11:34 PM

No. I had absolutely no issues at all.

7 replies

Jun 30, 2015 9:31 AM in response to Southpaw1969

Southpaw1969 wrote:

Wow really there's another iOS update? I'll do the one in question first and then wait to see how that one turns out. I always like to make sure there are no big problems before updating operating systems.

You can't pick and choose what iOS version you want to install. If your iPad Air detects 8.4, that's what you'll get. I just updated my 1st gen Air to 8.3 on June 29, a day before 8.4 is released. Glad I did that because as far as I can tell, 8.4 doesn't offer anything of use to me.

Jun 30, 2015 9:37 AM in response to ShagCA

The most critical improvement for those uninterested in Music is that the Messages bug, whereas your iGadget rebooted and Messages turned useless when some joker sent you a specific Unicode string that caused iOS to choke, is now dead and squashed.

I also recall groanings and teeth gnashings due to loss of GPS functionality in some apps, which also appears to be squashed.

Any problem going from iOS 8.1.2 to 8.3 on iPad Air 2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.