Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to update my computer business to include apple products, but this icloud lock thing is for the birds - sounds like a way for apple to retire hardware and bolster sales. If IMEI is clean and not stolen - apple needs to do the right thing

I have purchased some apple products at estate sales and the like - the previous owners are dead - and you are trying to tell me that apple's stance as a corporation is to tell the heirs to this equipment or the resellers that buy it - too bad? Really? Perfectly good hardware clean imei's - not stolen - and apple as as a corporation public stance is its a theft prevention measure - sounds like increase revenue by locking any device of any person who happens to pass away without sharing their icloud password - a site that apple runs?

Seriously? So apple needs to put out public disclaimers to all of their customers - that they had better write a will when they buy your products - if for no other reason than to leave their icloud password?

WOW!

Now I know why i have not been in any hurry to move towards this market. I will absorb the loss on the hardware that i purchased but i can assure you of this fact - I will tell every potential customer and every that seeks my advice to avoid the apple product line - you build a phone that drug dealers / thieves / and many other underhanded people use for clearly illegal purposes - that cannot even be opened by court order - I guess maybe i am unsure of the demographic of customers that apple is seeking to favor.

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 1:07 AM

There are no replies.

trying to update my computer business to include apple products, but this icloud lock thing is for the birds - sounds like a way for apple to retire hardware and bolster sales. If IMEI is clean and not stolen - apple needs to do the right thing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.