Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bootcamp problem

I am trying to install windows 8.1 with a usb on my mbp late 2011 using bootcamp i have already downloaded the software from here Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5621 because my internet is slow. but my bootcamp window in not recognising usbUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Late 2011

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 12:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 4:11 AM

Your MBP does not support installing Windows from a USB. You will need to use the built-in optical drive and a physical DVD. The following is the list of the 2011/2012 Macs that support USB installation of Windows. 2013 and later models without Optical drives will support USB booting.

User uploaded file

Do not modify Bootcamp info.plist to enable this option, because it will cause problems later.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 4:11 AM in response to gHost767

Your MBP does not support installing Windows from a USB. You will need to use the built-in optical drive and a physical DVD. The following is the list of the 2011/2012 Macs that support USB installation of Windows. 2013 and later models without Optical drives will support USB booting.

User uploaded file

Do not modify Bootcamp info.plist to enable this option, because it will cause problems later.

bootcamp problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.