Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was using safari and i got a message that said that I was at risk of getting hacked. It said something about my computer being on an older version of Yosemite and it was vulnerable. Is this fake?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileI need to know if i should take any action to clear my computer. I was using a private window while this popped up. I am concerned that I could get hacked and my bank account information and personal pictures could be intercepted. Please help! I did edit the first picture to cover the ip address and location.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), null

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 1:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 1:30 AM

You probably have encountered malware. Apple does not track versions of Yosemite in such a way.

Read this document fromApple and let us know what you think.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203987 Thomas Reed's document may also help. http://www.adwaremedic.com/index.php

DO NOT DOWNLOAD MACKEEPER.

2 replies

Jun 30, 2015 1:35 AM in response to Juan491630

This is a scam. Please don’t call the number.

1. Force Quit .

Press command + option + esc keys together at the same time. Wait.

When Force Quit window appears, select Safari if not already.

Press Force Quit button at the bottom of the window. Wait.

Safari will quit.

2. Relaunch Safari holding the shift key down.

3. Turn off wifi and turn it back on.

Turn off Wifi. Click Wifi icon in the menu bar and select “Turn Wifi off”.

Visit another website.

You won’t have internet connection.

Turn on Wifi. Click Wifi icon in the menu bar and select “Turn Wifi on”.

Select your Network.

4. Safari > Preferences > Privacy

Cookies and website data:

Click “Details” button.

Remove the cookie related to this, if there is one.

I was using safari and i got a message that said that I was at risk of getting hacked. It said something about my computer being on an older version of Yosemite and it was vulnerable. Is this fake?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.