Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX 10.9.5: Something eating up my memory MB Air 11, 2012, i7, 8GB

Something is eating up my memory as you can watch on the Activity Monitor. Nearly 4GB of the total 8GB are used.User uploaded file

(Sorry forgot to close Spotify and Spider Oak, but it does not make the difference)

Just changed from Google Chrome to Firefox, cause in the forums they were saying, it was the Chrome Helpers which caused this phenomena, opening the tabs. But now that I changed to Firefox it is the same issue happening again. I don't even understand how the Activity Monitor shows 3.85GB of memory used, if you look at the screen shot, you will see that the sum of it stays under 2GB. So where is my memory used??? Any suggestions appreciated. Cheers!

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), MB Air 11, i7, 2.0, 8GB, 2012

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 1:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 4:14 AM

Please read this Apple support article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201464

Starting with Mavericks OSX, the system will try to use as much RAM as is available. This is NORMAL.

No longer is the amount of RAM being used as a measure of efficiency, but PRESSURE. If it is GREEN, it is good, regardless of the amount. When the color starts changing, then you are encountering potential problems.

Ciao.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 4:14 AM in response to lucianfrombarcelona

Please read this Apple support article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201464

Starting with Mavericks OSX, the system will try to use as much RAM as is available. This is NORMAL.

No longer is the amount of RAM being used as a measure of efficiency, but PRESSURE. If it is GREEN, it is good, regardless of the amount. When the color starts changing, then you are encountering potential problems.

Ciao.

OSX 10.9.5: Something eating up my memory MB Air 11, 2012, i7, 8GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.